Last updated: 08 April 2021
“Our dealerships” refers to Auckland Hyundai, West Auckland Hyundai, Auckland Isuzu, West Auckland Isuzu and Renault Auckland.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Auckland Vehicles requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each motor vehicle. This is required by the Land Transport Safety Authority so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer.
Auckland Vehicles will collect personal information that you provide to us directly, or one of our dealerships may also collect your personal information through promotions, competitions and consumer queries including queries made online through our website, and through your browsing of our website.
The information we collect from you may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for vehicles;
- information about your vehicle, if applicable, including any service and repair history;
- your demographics and interests;
- details of any prizes you may have won;
- a record of any queries you have made, including requests for test drives and vehicle servicing;
- details of your drivers’ licence, if you take one of our vehicles for a test drive; and
- your financial information if you are seeking to obtain finance for the purchase of a vehicle, and the details of any subsequent lending.
We record all telephone calls made to, and by, our call center. We use telephone call recordings:
- for staff training purposes to help us improve the quality of our customer service;
- to measure the relevancy and success of our marketing and to optimise campaigns;
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call which may be needed if there is a dispute.
If we are unable to collect sufficient personal information from you we may not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the Auckland Vehicles website or Auckland Vehicles services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Auckland Vehicles collects personal information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about our vehicles, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a loyal Auckland Vehicles customer;
- to inform you of our vehicle models and information we think you might be interested in;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make; and
- for staff training purposes.
However, we will only contact you by email or text message with marketing material where you have provided your express opt-in consent to receiving marketing messages.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Auckland Vehicles are dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for Auckland Vehicles to provide services to you, personal information is held by our dealerships in accordance with this policy.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Auckland Vehicles holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Auckland Vehicles does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Auckland Vehicles outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For the purpose of providing services to Auckland Vehicles and to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- our dealerships;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers; and
- government or statutory authorities.